Health, Muscle & Fitness Articles Section
Home - Fitness & Muscle | Muscle Building Articles | Cardio Articles | Fitness Equipment Articles | Weight Loss Articles | Exercise Articles |
Yoga Articles | Supplement Articles | Exercise Motivation Articles | Nutrition Articles | Acne Articles | Breast Cancer Articles | Beauty Articles |
Attraction Articles | Dating Articles | Depression Articles | Diabetes Articles | Goal Setting Articles | Hair Loss Articles | Martial Arts Articles |
Meditation Articles | Motivation Articles | Pregnancy Articles
Nine Reasons To Embrace Failure
I've always heard that "public speaking" is the number one most common fear. According to a recent survey I conducted in my e-newsletter, however, this is not the case. Overwhelmingly my readership chose "failure."
Like public speaking, failure is not inherently bad. We're conditioned to avoid it, but there are plenty of reasons to change our perspective. Here are nine advantages to failing:
1. Failure teaches us. Two words I will never misspell are "flexible" and "exchequer." Why? Because each word knocked me out of a junior high spelling bee. Failure creates an emotional experience, so the lessons we learn when it happens stick. Additionally, going through failure narrows down the possible approaches to success. Scientists rely on trial and error in their research. Each failed experiment brings them a little closer to revolutionary breakthroughs. Think of your own efforts as experiments. When you don't get the desired result, figure out why. Then try again with your new knowledge.
2. Failure reveals our ability. You'll never know how much weight you can lift until you reach an amount you can't. Trainers often refer to this as "lifting to failure." Pushing yourself as far as you can lets you know what's possible. By avoiding limits, you'll never reach your peak. The fear of failure stops us a lot shorter than failure itself. So keep going until nothing more is possible. Then celebrate what you've accomplished.
3. Failure makes us stronger. Those same weight lifters who lift to failure also have learned that is the way they build muscle. At first the tissue is damaged, but it'll heal bigger and stronger than before. Soon the athlete will be able to lift more weight. The same is true for our pursuits. Failure strengthens our character. We humans bounce higher than we fall. Know that with each effort, you grow a little stronger.
4. Failure inspires us. When we don't let discouragement hold us back, failure makes our desire burn hotter. Often this inspiration is a wish to avoid another failure. Many people don't know that Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team. "It was good because it made me know what disappointment felt like," he told the Chicago Tribune. "And I knew that I didn't want to have that feeling ever again." This led to a work ethic that would elevate him to legendary status. If failure makes you work harder or focus more, it's an experience with tremendous value.
5. Failure inspires others. Leaders must take risks. Even when they don't succeed, their courage can still make a difference. In 1980, 18-year-old Terry Fox attempted to raise $1 million for cancer research by running across the entire length of Canada on a prosthetic leg. He ran 3339 miles before a relapsed cancer ended his quest. He lost his life, but his effort has inspired over $340 million in donations to date. His "failure" was hardly in vain.
6. Failure builds courage. Becoming more comfortable with failing enables you to take more risks. If you know you can stomach it, it will no longer threaten you. I used to take groups through ropes courses, requiring them to pursue physical challenges thirty feet off the ground. Often participants would fail at the first high event. While some got discouraged, others discovered that failing wasn't so bad. They were proud for having tried in the first place. Knowing that failure was an option made it easier for them to try the next event. Their courage came not from achieving success, but from their willingness to pursue to it. If you're open to failing, you'll readily take more chances.
7. Failure is better than regret. The times I've been denied an opportunity never felt as bad as when I've let opportunities pass me by. At least when we fail, we know. Not trying at all leaves us wondering. Avoid kicking yourself later by taking a leap today.
8. Failure leaves us open to better opportunities. I was once turned down for a job for which I thought I was the perfect candidate. While unemployment can be scary, rejection can be humiliating. After a few weeks of frustration, I was offered another position I hadn't pursued. This opportunity was more interesting and considerably more lucrative. Without an awareness of the big picture, it's easy to perceive failure as misfortune. Maybe it's nature's way of making sure we wind up where we're best suited.
9. Failure makes success a little sweeter. We appreciate victory more when we've tasted defeat. Life wouldn't be fun if things always worked out. Know that your failure is just part of the game we're all playing. We expend a lot of energy running from failure. Try embracing it. Find the opportunity in the adversity. If there's a recipe for success, failure might be its primary ingredient.
Motivational speaker Scott Greenberg gives live presentations and workshops all over America. To contact Scott as a resource for future articles and for more information on his programs or leadership books, email email@example.com, call 1-800-450-0432 or visit www.scottgreenberg.com.
Dumbbell Routines & Exercises eBook - Click Here
Increase Your Muscle Size And Improve Your Physical Fitness In 90 Days Or You Get To Keep This Breakthrough eBook FREE!
"Dumbbell Exercises and Lifting Routines To Help You Gain More Muscle, Lose Weight, or Just Get Yourself in Better Physical Shape... WITHOUT the Hassles, and Expenses of Health Clubs"
"Instant Access to An Illustrated, PDF Ebook That Will Give YOU The Routines You Need To Get In Better Shape in 90 Days or less - Or Your Money Back!" Get the scoop here.
"Instant Access to
Downloadable Guide That Will Give YOU The Routines You Need To Get
In Better Shape in 90 Days or Less - Or Your Money
Back! Learn More."
Serious Fitness Supplements - Muscle Builders
"A Completely Different Approach To Bodybuilding That Can Build Your Physique To Its Maximum Genetic Potential!"
A step-by-step guide that teaches you the secrets, tips, and techniques you need to know to build a chiseled, muscular, ripped, head-turning physique...FAST!
The "Hyper-Growth Muscle Mass Training" course is an extremely effective natural human growth hormone stimulator and packs on slabs of muscle mass, size and enourages hypertrophy faster than you would've ever thought possible...while burning off body fat like crazy!
Highly recommended! Click Here For Maximum Muscle Growth
Fitness-and-Muscle.com Site Navigation
Home Page | Muscle Fitness Magazine | Muscle Fitness Hers | Fitness Supplements | Muscle Supplements | Fitness Muscle Equipment | Muscle Building | Fitness Competition | Muscle Compeititon | Arm Muscles | Home Fitness Workout | Huge Muscles | Muscle Building Workout | Fitness Muscle DVDs | Fitness Accessories | Fitness Dating | Muscle Fitness Articles | Muscle Links | Contact Us
Self-Motivation for Trainers
THE PSYCHOLOGY OF SELF-MOTIVATION FOR TRAINERS: Lack of self-motivation is an unfortunate side effect of our accelerated times. Many people today are cynical and disillusioned or feel that to appear sophisticated, they must become so.
Seven Aspects of Making Brilliant Decisions: The Relationship Between Work and Self
Workweek: an opportunity for discovering and shaping; the place where the self meets the world.Regardless of what business we are in, what projects we are working on or what interests we have in the world - we are all in the business of relationship building.
6 Simple Steps To Accelerating your Learning
What is Accelerated learning?Simply put, accelerated learning is the ability to absorb and understand new information quickly, and also to be able to retain that information.It involves the process of unleashing the abilities within us.
Entrepreneurs: Take Action Over Inspiration Every Time!
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory!" General George S. PattonWhen choosing a senior quote, this one jumped right at me.
Maintaining Your Motivation
I recently spoke to a group of sales professionals at the end of their training conference. The attendees had participated in many learning sessions over a two day period - most of which were product related.
Violating Boundaries: Assert Yourself and Take Charge
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin FranklinAre you sick and tired of being treated like a doormat and having people walk all over you? If you answered yes, read on.
What is your Altitude?
It is something that everyone - and I do mean everyone - has the same opportunity to possess. It is something that can change you, those around you, and your future immediately.
The Magic of Success is Actually a Law Set in Motion. Finding it is Quite Simple
Building Energy Around your Investment!For a century or more men and women from various backgrounds have been availed to a secret in business that has created enormous wealth and satisfaction.However when trying to find this little known phenomenon it seems that the secret is always buried within a myriad of unrealized philosophies that tend to only work for the wealthy of the elite, or so it may seem.
The New Morality
In a world where dynamism alters egos and principles in a man every second, where men divest in tenets that secure them from being devout to something natural, where humanity seeks reasons to be ignorant just to feel sly and intelligent - we're confronted with issues of morality. We can no longer be satisfied with being truthful incessantly, we can no longer be happy for the sake of empathizing, we can no longer be sympathetic in a world that beseeches us to be methodological, we can no longer be human when the invariable pretension has made us lose our ethicality forever - we can only choose to be different moralists altogether.
Personal Safety: How To Avoid Accidents And Live A Safe, Longer & Happy Life
Have you ever had an accident?Do you value your personal safety and that of your family?Most accidents may not be just accidents.Some accidents may be caused by our personal lifestyle, carelessness, wrong reasoning, faulty decisions, bad habits, wrong actions of conscious and as well as unconscious origin.
Why Do 9 Out of 10 People Never Live Their Dreams?
When we were kids we all had dreams. There were no boundaries to our imagination and anything was possible.
Context-Free Living ... Living Without Boundaries!
I know by now that you've heard the terms Debt-Free Living, Disease-Free Living, or an overabundance of other such coined terms for various marketing ploys to sell products and services. However, I'm not here to sell you anything, as what I'm offering, you already have! You just don't know it yet!Context-FreeA context is a circumstance, point of reference, or a situation by which a particular view is aligned and a unique meaning is derived.
Making the Invisible Visible: The WOW Behind the HOW!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -GandhiWhen was the last time that you truly marveled at something?Can you remember the exact time and place?One of the characteristics that I find very attractive in people is an ability to nurture a sense of "wonder" about life.
What Google Can Teach You About Success
I just finished dinner and the segment was about to start so I went over to the TV.The reporter was interviewing the 2 founders, they showed the company headquarters, and THEN they brought up something where I said BINGO.
The IDEAL Problem Solver
The IDEAL Problem Solver is an effective tool you can use to attack your problems. If you are used to getting on your horse and riding in all directions when faced with a problem, you may find the IDEAL Problem Solver quite handy.
Citizens of the Land of Opportunity
"We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." --The Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776In a crowded, airless room in the city of Philadelphia 228 years ago this week, a group of men solemnly stepped forward, one by one, and affixed their names to a single sheet of paper -- each man knowing that if they faltered in their collective vision, purpose, commitment, or action, he had just signed his own death warrant.
A Woman's Road To True Beauty
We live in a world where society dictates the norm. In today's society, beauty becomes so stringent that many women develop distorted views of body images and become frustrated at not being able to obtain the "ideal figure.
If You Are Rejected!
This article exemplifies the inner working of emotional intelligence. Effectively working through one tough situation at a time can build our emotional competence.
Celebrating the Couch Potato
Ah, the couch potato, that icon of American pop culture values. Isn't that the life? Why would anyone want to exert extra energy to be productive when you can simply plop down on the couch in front of the telly and enjoy all that delicious snack food and a cool one.
Three Simple Ways to Motivate Yourself Today!
Are you having a hard time getting things done? Are you making no steps toward achieving your goals and dreams? Could you use a little "motivation"?Here are three easy things that will help you get there one day at a time.1-Review your Goals first thing in the morning.