Health, Muscle & Fitness Articles Section
Home - Fitness & Muscle | Muscle Building Articles | Cardio Articles | Fitness Equipment Articles | Weight Loss Articles | Exercise Articles |
Yoga Articles | Supplement Articles | Exercise Motivation Articles | Nutrition Articles | Acne Articles | Breast Cancer Articles | Beauty Articles |
Attraction Articles | Dating Articles | Depression Articles | Diabetes Articles | Goal Setting Articles | Hair Loss Articles | Martial Arts Articles |
Meditation Articles | Motivation Articles | Pregnancy Articles
Everyday I have the Blues: A Medical Intuitive look at Depression
It may come in waves, it may control our lives. Depression is something that many of us struggle with.
For some people, depression has been a part of their experience for so long that they've begun to believe it's what they are. They become experts at "doing" depression--hiding it, working around it, even achieving great things (but at the price of great struggle and little satisfaction).
Recent research suggests some genetic cause, or other biological pre-disposition towards depression. However in my work with depressed clients, I have not found a single paradigm that explains all of its elements.
Here is an outline of a more holistic approach that has worked for many of my clients.
1) Feel your feelings (depression is the suppression of feelings -- acknowledging those feelings often causes depression to improve). I find that what limits a person's capacity for love or recognition is what they are afraid to feel. Wherever I go, whomever I talk with, their ability to stay in a marriage, to work consciously, to be without fear and to experience joy depends upon what they have the capacity to feel.
Remembered pain is hostility and anger, anticipated pain is fear and anxiety, pain directed at yourself is guilt. The depletion of energy with all of the above is depression.
(2) Realize that nothing comes out of the blue (your depressed state has a root cause that you should look for in events or situations).
(3) Challenge your depressed thinking by questioning your assumptions, especially ones that center on meaningless perfectionism.
(4) Establish priorities so that your energy focuses on what's most important to you.
(5) Communicate as directly as possible to everyone around you. Depressed people are often poor communicators who don't get their emotional needs served. With better communication, they can experience a more supportive emotional environment.
(6) Take and expect the right responsibility for yourself -- for your own actions. Depressed people often feel guilty about things that they have no responsibility for (like the death of a parent or the divorce of their parents). Eat good whole foods. A new study published in the February 15, 2005 issue of Biological Psychiatry shows that certain foods are better at treating depression than antidepressant drugs. The study found that omega-3 fatty acids and foods high in a compound called uridine were able to reduce the symptoms of depression as well as or better than three different antidepressant drugs that were tested. In addition to the omega-3 fatty acids, these health enhancing substances are found in walnuts, molasses and fish, according to researchers. This research was conducted at the McLean Hospital, affiliated with Harvard.
(7) Look for heroes. These role models can empower you to see the way to improve, especially if they were also depressed like Abraham Lincoln.
(8) Be generous. Helping others puts your own situation into perspective.
(9) Cultivate intimacy. This means letting down your defenses so people can see you as you are, and accept you for that. Depressed people often feel disgusted with their true selves, and hide that self from everyone.
(10) Get help when you need it. This may be the most important piece of advice since so many people do not. Medicine often has value and can help a person achieve a level of stability so that they can tackle the other causalities of their depression. A severely depressed person should seek professional help and find a medication of some kind before starting this work. It could be very overwhelming for someone who is in complete despair.
There are many other actions that you can take to lessen, lift, and heal your depression.
Opening to your feelings, communicating your needs, and cultivating intimacy are powerful life tools for healing and for living.
© Christopher Stewart
Christopher Stewart is a Clairvoyant Counselor and Medical Intuitive assisting others in their healing process.
His work is compassionate, uplifting and empowering. You can visit Christopher's website at http://www.clairvoyantguide.com for further information and to schedule a private consultation.
You can also look for frequent updates to his blog at: http://intuitiveliving.blogspot.com/
Publisher's Guidelines: You may freely publish this article online, in email newsletters, or in print so long as the resource box and byline are in tact. Author would appreciate a notification, however that is optional.
Dumbbell Routines & Exercises eBook - Click Here
Increase Your Muscle Size And Improve Your Physical Fitness In 90 Days Or You Get To Keep This Breakthrough eBook FREE!
"Dumbbell Exercises and Lifting Routines To Help You Gain More Muscle, Lose Weight, or Just Get Yourself in Better Physical Shape... WITHOUT the Hassles, and Expenses of Health Clubs"
"Instant Access to An Illustrated, PDF Ebook That Will Give YOU The Routines You Need To Get In Better Shape in 90 Days or less - Or Your Money Back!" Get the scoop here.
"Instant Access to
Downloadable Guide That Will Give YOU The Routines You Need To Get
In Better Shape in 90 Days or Less - Or Your Money
Back! Learn More."
Serious Fitness Supplements - Muscle Builders
"A Completely Different Approach To Bodybuilding That Can Build Your Physique To Its Maximum Genetic Potential!"
A step-by-step guide that teaches you the secrets, tips, and techniques you need to know to build a chiseled, muscular, ripped, head-turning physique...FAST!
The "Hyper-Growth Muscle Mass Training" course is an extremely effective natural human growth hormone stimulator and packs on slabs of muscle mass, size and enourages hypertrophy faster than you would've ever thought possible...while burning off body fat like crazy!
Highly recommended! Click Here For Maximum Muscle Growth
Fitness-and-Muscle.com Site Navigation
Home Page | Muscle Fitness Magazine | Muscle Fitness Hers | Fitness Supplements | Muscle Supplements | Fitness Muscle Equipment | Muscle Building | Fitness Competition | Muscle Compeititon | Arm Muscles | Home Fitness Workout | Huge Muscles | Muscle Building Workout | Fitness Muscle DVDs | Fitness Accessories | Fitness Dating | Muscle Fitness Articles | Muscle Links | Contact Us
Change Your Life Forever with New Medical Breakthrough Treatment for Depression
With the next few weeks, the FDA is expected to issue its final approval of vagus nerve stimulation as a treatment for chronic or recurrent depression. The approval of vagus nerve stimulation will be the first ever FDA approved long-term treatment option for the four million desperate Americans( and their families) who have not had an adequate response to traditional anti-depressants.
Aspartame and Your Mental Health
In 1965, a chemist working to develop an ulcer drug accidentally discovered a substance 200 times sweeter than sugar. The FDA initially shunned this substance because it caused seizures and brain tumors in lab animals.
Omega 3 EPA: Natures Very Own Anti-depressant
Since Dr Malcolm Peet, a consultant psychiatrist at Sheffield swallow court hospital released his findings about the effects of Ethyl Epa and its effects on people suffering from depression and low moods, many other studies have been performed using Ethyl Epa to help treat depression and related disorders. The vast majority of the studies that have been performed consistently confirmed that Ethyl Epa, a natural substance found in omega 3 fish oil, helps relieve depression and low moods.
Are You Someones Puppet? Four Ways People Manipulate Others
With the current interest in mental health topics, a mental health language has emerged with words such as manipulation, boundaries, limits, rescuing, dependence, and codependence. Many people are unclear what these words mean when applied to relationships.
Depression Series: Why Don't I Respond to Medications? (Part 1)
Maria has been feeling depressed for at least two and a half years. About three years ago, her husband of 20 years left her for another woman.
Seven Ways To Deal With Your Depression
It has just been announced, after a study by a team from King's College Hospital, that depression is now the biggest reason for people claiming long-term sickness benefit in the UK, having taken over from musculoskeletal problems such as back problems. The research shows that 176 million working days were lost because of depression in 2003.
Depression: Based on a True Story
"Ring, ring." The crisis operator answers the phone to a woman pleading to let her daughter know that she loves her.
Adult Men and Women Who Suffer From Chronic Depression
Market surveys on women, men and depression suggest an estimated 4.4 million Americans are believed to suffer from chronic treatment-resistant depression.
10 Simple Coping Strategies When a Family Member Has Clinical Depression
1.Remember that it is an illness:Clinical depression often requires medical supervision as well as professional treatment.
What's Causing My Depression and Fatigue?
Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Depression are absolutely systemic in our society today. Recent studies done by the AMA and CMA purport one in four people in North America are suffering from some form of chronic fatigue or depression and it's expected eight out of ten of us will experience similar afflictions in our lifetime.
Vagus Nerve Stimulation: What are the Benefits and How Does It Relieve Depression?
Vagus nerve stimulation is more effective than antidepressants and is not related to brain surgery or shock treatments. It is a 60-90 minute out-patient procedure, with robust antidepressant affects on the brain.
Efficacy and Safety of Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Depression Published in Journal
On September 1st, the efficacy and safety of vagus nerve stimulation for depresssion was published in the prestigious peer reviewed journal of Biological Psychiatry.The data from the pivotal clinical trial of vagus nerve stimulation and depression was been on published September 1st, in the prestigious peer-reviewed journal of Biological Psychiatry.
Dont Be Surprised!
Life wasn't easy for cave men. They had to hunt all day, kill their dinner with a club, and drag the carcass to the cave.
Mood Disorders And Depression
We all suffer with bad moods from time to time. But if you are someone who is in a bad mood or depressed much of the time, take heart.
St Johns Wort and Depression
The bright yellow flower of the St Johns Wort (hypericum perforatum) with it's ray-like petals, represents the power of the sun that forces away the darkness. This already points to the anti-depressant effects of the St Johns Wort which are highly respected, even in conventional medicine.
I felt cold, my body was stiff and my back ached. I was trying to open my eyes but nothing was happening.
Stress and Depression are Killing Us!
A short generation ago, families could set their watch by the time the father got home from work each day. My dad always walked through the front door at precisely 6 PM and supper was served at 6:10.
Major Depression and Manic Depression - Any Difference?
Countless number of patients and their family members have asked me about manic-depression and major depression. "Is there any difference?" "Are they one and the same?" "Is the treatment the same?" And so on.
It Aint Easy Being Brave
A zoo attendant entered a lion cage carrying only a broom. He casually swept with no concern for the wild animal.
Surviving the Storms of Life
August in Florida has a daily ritual that Floridians take with a grain of salt. It's the daily storms that pass by and that are filled with more electricity than in a 4th of July fire works display.